This recipe comes together in under 30 minutes, is plant based, and packed with protein & fibre. It will warm your heart on a cold day!
Makes 6-8 servings
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup crushed tomatoes
2 tsp cumin
3 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
7 cups vegetable broth
2 cups split red lentils (rinsed)
Optional: top with feta cheese, dill and a splash of olive oil
1. In a large pot over medium heat, add 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Next add garlic, onions and carrots. Saute until soft.
2. Add tomatoes, spices, broth, and lentils and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until lentils are soft.
4. Allow to cool and use an immersion blender or a food processor to blend until smooth.
5. Optional: Top with feta cheese, dill, and olive oil