CURRIED CHICKPEA CAULIFLOWER COUSCOUS
This is a surprisingly fast and easy recipe that is vegetarian/vegan friendly! Cauliflower, chickpeas and couscous are excellent for absorbing the curry flavours and adding a great source of fibre.
2 Cups of Chickpeas
1 Head of Cauliflower
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon of Cumin
1 Teaspoon of Coriander
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Dash of Pepper
1 Teaspoon of Turmeric
1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder 1 1/2 Cups of Couscous
1/4 Bunch of Fresh Cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Make seasoning mix in a small bowl with turmeric, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, coriander. Set aside.
3. Prepare the cauliflower by breaking up the head into 2 inch pieces. Put in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Toss with 2 tsp of spice mixture. Put cauliflower mixture on baking tray and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
4. While cauliflower is baking, add the chickpeas to the bowl with the remaining seasoning and oil and toss to coat. Add them to the hot pan and bake an additional 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make couscous according to package directions. Top curry mixture on coucous and add cilantro.